July Conclusions...Changes

6:11 PM Unknown 0 Comments


Happy Friday my lovely readers!

It is absolutely crazy how quickly July passed. I feel like my summer is almost over unfortunately. Even though I was in school for most of it, I still had a great summer and I made many amazing memories. 

I started this month with my two best friends sleeping over at my apartment and I ended it the same way. 

As much as I love to talk about fitness, college, traveling, recipes, etc.... I consider my blog to be my online diary at times. 

Actually, it's a bit intimidating when I think about it that way. Imagine having your deepest thoughts published on the internet for anyone to see. 

But

I'd like to think that my readers are genuinely interested in my perspective plus I consider you guys my online fam <3 


Many things on my mind this month. 

The number one question that is constantly popping in my head is, "who am I?"

Seriously, who am I and who do I want to be? Practically everyday I'm asking myself this question, but I think this is healthy. I believe in this stage of life, you should question yourself. 

Really ask yourself why do you like the things you do, why do you call your friends your friends?

There is no right or wrong answer, but don't be afraid to question these things. 

There is a beautiful quote that goes: 

"A comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there" 

As individuals we should step out of what we find familiar and try new things. You'd be surprised on what you might like. 


Most importantly, don't let anyone make you feel bad for wanting to grow as a person. 

The picture above, when I see it, I see two completely different people. 

I'm not even focusing on the aesthetics portion of it, but look at what growing in confidence can do. 

The one on the left seems a little scared and a little sad where as the one on the right seems happier and more sure of herself. 

Granted in one I'm studying for finals and in the other I was on the way to a club, but I remember liking both pictures when I took them. I'm wearing make up in both pictures as well. 

The physical is of the least, I still wear my glasses from time to time. But I'm not hiding behind the glasses and baggy clothes anymore. 


I'm happy on the changes i've made in my life.

Physically and mentally. 

I'm not going to stop trying to develop myself as a person, every day. 

By the way, 

I've officially lost 20 lbs! 

I'm feeling so accomplished with myself and my fitness journey. Excited to see where I'll be in a few months. 

I wish you all a wonderful weekend and remember, 

you are enough. 

-m

0 comments: