Packing Tips

11:24 AM Unknown 0 Comments



Hello! As May is coming to a close and many of you may be traveling for the summer, I thought I could share some traveling tips that I have picked up on, on my past couple of travels!

Packing

If you're like me, you might put off packing until the very last minute. It's just a tedious task to me. But I have come up with a couple of tricks that you may want to keep in mind. 

1. Leave Space!

It's better that you under pack than over pack. Chances are that you will probably want to go shopping when you reach your destination. Whether it be for clothes, souvenirs, or gifts. You never know what treasures you'll end up finding and buying so you want to leave space to bring back those goodies! 

Also bring items that you wouldn't mind parting with to save room as well. When I went to Honduras last year, I left behind a lot of clothing, shoes, and random miscellaneous items. Donate them!

2. Weigh you luggage!

If you're flying, please weigh your luggage before you get to the airport. Check with your airline what  is the maximum number of pounds that they allow. Trust me, you do not want to go over ---- it get's expensive fast! Also just make sure you do your research if you have to pay fees for any luggage. I know it depends a lot if your flight is either international or local. This just saves you any surprises when you get to the airport. 

3. Become familiar with security regulations!

If you're bringing a carryon, be familiar with what you can or can't pack. Click here for all the info!
As stated earlier, it will just save you time and surprises the day you're traveling!

4. Seal EVERYTHING!

Okay, I may be exaggerating a tad, but I have definitely had to learn the hard way. The pressure in the air cabin can do some crazy things to your belongings. Also your luggage is thrown around a lot! Last year, my shampoo and conditioner had spilled E V E R Y W H E R E. It was annoying to clean and I had to wash most of my clothes when I got there. To avoid these situations just make sure you secure the tops with some painters tape! If you're carrying food items, make sure to double bag them. Especially chips, the pressure will pop open the bags.


These are just a couple of packing tips that I find most important! I'm having a lot of fun with this travel series; let me know if there's anything you'd like for me to talk about!

I wish you safe and fun travels if you have an upcoming trip! Enjoy every minute of it!

-m


0 comments: