Fitness Journey Update + Advice

12:33 PM Unknown 0 Comments


Fitness Friday!

Hello my beautiful readers, I thought I'd share with you guys an update on how I have been progressing in my fitness journey!

-

By the way, after an amazing vacation I am finally home! I am back to work (possibly getting a second job) and I am taking one summer class.

-

So far I am down around 15 pounds, I have lost 4 inches off my waist, and I have dropped a pant size! It is extremely rewarding to see the progress you make over time. I have taken various progress pictures of different parts of my body and it really is insane to see the transformation. 

I am still not at my goal weight, but every single day I get closer and closer and I also get stronger. But there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that I will get there. 2015 is the year I get fit.

So far my diet mainly consists of eating as raw and natural as possible and of course lots of water. I try to avoid processed foods and eating out. I have cut bread, pasta, and rice from my diet completely. I rarely eat pork and cheese as well. 

In a typical day I eat oatmeal with fruits and flax seeds for breakfast, lunch usually consists of fruits and veggies, and dinner is either a salad or egg whites with turkey and veggies. I avoid eating dinner too late, but if I get hungry past 8, I usually will eat some greek yogurt or make some green tea. 

As far as my workouts go, my goal is simple: break a sweat every day. You do not need to kill yourself at the gym all the time. I use my rest days for small activities such as taking my dogs out for a walk/light run or swimming with friends. 

For the weekdays my workouts vary every day from weights, circuits, cardio, abdominals, cycling, and yoga. I tend to do combinations of two or three. And if the weather is nice, I'll go running the university lakes which is roughly 4 miles. 

It's become a lifestyle for me. I don't have anyone telling me "go to the gym." I want to go work out, it's honestly been the best therapy for me. I feel happier and lighter because of it and since I'm eating right I don't feel as bloated and sluggish as before. Even my skin has cleared up a lot.

If any of you are thinking about getting into shape, my best advice is do it for yourself. You have to really be determined to work for it. 

I think the hardest part is remaining optimistic. You won't always see a sudden decline of weight, heck you might not even see a difference in the mirror for weeks. But I promise you that's the most challenging part, not giving up even when you see no change. I promise you it will happen. Don't strive for perfection, but for persistence. 

I don't feel like I am on a "diet" or that I am deprived. It's simply a lifestyle. I will not go back to eating like crap once I reach my target weight. I love my body, but I'm striving to be as healthy as I can be.  

If any of you are interested in some of my recipes or even just more information on my workouts let me know! Either through blogger or tumblr!

I am so excited I get to share my fitness journey with you all!

Remember, you are enough.

-m



0 comments: