Healthy, Easy, & Quick Breakfast Recipe

7:31 AM Unknown 0 Comments

If any of you are like me, you love to hit that snooze button every morning. 

"I swear I'll get up after this snooze alarm"

But really, I know myself and I will probably end up getting up when I only have 10 minutes to get ready. 


It really sucks having to rush in the morning and it's a bad habit I should break, but in the meantime I am on the look out for easy and quick hairstyles, makeup, and of course breakfast to make my mornings a little less hectic.

Leaving practically no time to prepare breakfast, I need something I can just grab and eat in class. That is why I am in love with making Overnight Oats. 

I know this was a pretty big fad over the internet a while back, but I thought I'd bring it back since surprisingly not many people know about it.

It's perfect for anyone who rather stay those extra minutes in bed rather than in the kitchen. 


And bonus: It's packed with a lot of protein to keep you full and happy til lunch! 

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup of rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup of vanilla soy milk (any type of milk you prefer) 
  • 1/3 cup of vanilla greek yogurt
  • 1/2 tbsp of chia seeds (sometimes I add a little more)
  • 1 banana (optional)
  • 3 strawberries (optional)
  • raw sliced almonds (optional)

Process:





Add your oatmeal in a container. I prefer a little mason jar.




Secondly add your milk!



Then your greek yogurt



Next are the chia seeds. 



Lastly you want to mix everything up! I sliced a banana and a couple of strawberries to give it more flavor. Plus I love fruit in the mornings. I also added raw sliced almonds for that extra protein as well as some crunch. 


Once everything is nicely mixed, just seal it and put it in the fridge over night.

And you're done!



In the morning you should get something that looks like this 




Have fun coming up with different combinations! Strawberry Banana Almond is my favorite at the moment.



Happy eating! 


-m












0 comments: